Thursday, August 7, 2008

The last weeks of summer!

So I started my blog back in July and this is the first time I have written since. So why, you may ask, haven't we heard from Lori? I really couldn't remember how to sign on to my blog and like always I haven't had time! Brandon always says that it is a falsehood that I don't have time. He says I don't have time for things I don't want to do. I protest! I really do want to scrapbook, blog, call my friends, etc. But my time is taken up with things like cleaning the toilet, doing the dishes, changing diapers and answering the hundredth question of the day. Abby, today, pulled a typical Abby she said, "Mom", and I answered curtly, "What Abby?" She answered, " I love you!" She is a little twerp. I know she decided on the I love you last minute. But what do you say to that? Of course you answer, "I love you too!" This saturday is the Provo River 1/2 Marathon. It is crazy that now a 1/2 marathon seems short. I ran a 16 miler last thursday and next weekend we have to run 18. We are training for th Top of Utah Marathon in Logan. I am excited and glad that I have a goal and it has kept my summer excersize on target. I just wish I had a better body to show for it. Brandon tells me I am not that careful with my eating so what do I expect? I don't know I guess I expect a miracle. I don't want to be a crazy person worrying about everything I eat. I know I would look better but is it worth it? Not yet! I will just go along being average me because I can't commit to another eating plan. Abby, Brandon and I have sworn off treats Monday-Friday. If you let Brandon he would bake something every night. He loves to bake! Thank you Brandon for at least coupling the love for baking with the love for running or we would both be larger than we would like.

4 comments:

Heather Anna said...

Lori Lou: I am reading your blog! You are not average, you are amazing and super cute.

I love that Abby . . .

I have a fourteen miler coming up this weekend. Somehow the craziness rubbed off a bit. One of my running partners will be at the Provo 1/2. Maybe I'll show her your picture so she can track you down.

Also check out the blog marathonmommies.blogspot.com I am thinking about becoming a contributor. You should do it too. It has other crazies like us on there.

ErinB said...

Welcome to blogging. It is pretty addicting once you get into it. You can check mine out at bitnerfam.blogspot.com. Good luck on your running!

Josh and Megan said...

Yahoo! You have a blog! You better post often this time around...that's how you keep readers interested and coming back! By the way, you have a great body...I figure that is why we run, so that we can eat what we want!
thechasefam.blogspot.com

Julie Wilding said...

oh lori. haha. at least someone related to my mother runs, so she can feel semi-athletic! i love your blog. abby will tell you where mine is if you ever feel like reading it.