Monday, August 25, 2008

Wow a couple of people read my blog!

Two people posted a comment on my last entry. So that was really exciting. I can't believe that anything I have to say would catch your interest. I am glad, however, for the opportunity to stay in touch with people so I am sitting down to write yet another entry.
So I survived my 3rd marathon. Park City Utah on August 23rd. It was a great experience. I felt like I really had the energy to make it through. We were running Park City as a training run for the Logan marathon and it really was a good idea to go into it feeling like I really didn't care about the time! I was less stressed and I enjoyed it more. It was a very difficult, hilly marathon and if you ever run it just go and enjoy the beauty and plan on it being really really long. I wish everyone could experience the feeling of finishing a marathon. It is really something to conquer that distance. We are running the Swiss Days 10k this weekend in Midway UT. This will be my third time to run this run. It is one of my favorite because afterward we get to browse the booths and eat a delicious giant scone.
Abby is leaving for Hawaii in less than two days. I feel a little blue that I will not be there for her first Hawaii adventure. I do feel like it is a special opportunity to spend special time with her grandparents, uncle Jeff, aunt Michelle and cousin Gabe. I can't wait to hear of all her exciting adventures. Megan is still cutting four teeth! When will it end? What is it about this age (15 months) I feel like I can't take her another minute and then she does something absolutely adorable. She has started dancing in the car to certain songs. She really does have some great moves. She also dances to the Psych theme song when it comes on. I just wish she would sit for at least five minutes for Sesame Street, stop yelling in high pitches when something isn't just perfect, and take an afternoon nap. I don't think #3 is in the cards. She seems bound and determined to stay up with the rest of us until 7-8ish. At least she takes a morning nap pretty regularly. Well nothing to0 exciting. I tried to get help with the pictures and still can't figure it out! I will keep trying. I will end with a quote from Abby. She was talking to her Aunt Katie Lila and said, "I think Grandma waits to take you to Hawaii until you are old enough to like coconut. I used to hate coconut but have decide that I like it now so it shows I am old enough to go to Hawaii!" My other kids don't like it. Caleb will probably never like it! Good luck Caleb, looks like he may never go to Hawaii. Well that is all for now!
-Lori

3 comments:

Heather Anna said...

tee hee! Abby is an awesome kid. Good job on Park City. I tried to call yesterday to get more gory details, but no luck catching you.

Proctor family said...

hey, it's angie I found your blog through heathers. its fun to see what everyone is up to. I so wish I had time to run. I guess if it was important I would find time. I have a blog (kind of) I don't post very much but here it is. www.mom26kids-angelkisses.blogspot.com
I hope that works.

Corrigan Clan said...

Did you tell Caleb about the coconut comment? The things that kids deduct is hilarious. I tell you what, I've liked coconut for a long time and I didn't get my day in the sun until I got married. Anywho, I think you are an amazing mom and still can't believe you did the Park City marathon just for kicks and giggles. You are a little crazy, maybe that is where Megan gets it from:)