Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Craziness unfolds!

So I guess I have a minute that nobody is bugging me so Yay! I am touched today by service. My friend Shannon Fowler and her entire family helped me out of a very sticky situation last night and I really don't think I know how to thank or repay them. I was having a really bad day! It was the kind of day that when you wake up in the morning you allready don't have enough time. I have been trying to get this mid-week activity together for a month and it has been looming over me in the back of my brain through everything else that I have done. I just really have not had the time to do it. But just like any other scheduled event the day of the class came. And that was yesterday. I woke up and started designing and cutting paper. I only did the bare minimum. I had a shower, but skipped hair and make-up. I fed the kids toast for breakfast and put lunch off till my stomach grumbled and I couldn't ignore it anymore. But inevitably evening started to approach and at about 5:30 I stopped looked at my house, my kids, my hair, and my project and had a nervous break down! I was never going to make it. I was at least 4 hours away from having my project ready and my house was a wreck. I panicked and called Shannon and said,"I have to cancel I cannot do it." She was down the hill with her entire family no doubt having a nice dinner and propably wasn't thrilled to get the call from a friend near a psychotic break. She was so nice and offered to come get the kids but I knew that even with the kids gone I would not be able to pull it together. I told her please call and tell a few people that it is cancelled. I hung up the phone but then realized I didn't have phone numbers for the people that were coming from 30 minutes away. I called her back still bearly coherent. I have to have it! I can't cancel. I hung up and started bringing stuff upstairs so I could leave my basement mess behind me and in a crazed stressed fog I hear the doorbell ring. Shannon and her whole family, including her husband, Doug, are standing at the door. It is like the calvary had been called in. A little bit later Wendy Nagy showed up and took Megan and Emma to her house. Shannon, Doug, Maddy, and Jaqlynn stayed and helped, cleaned, cut paper, made dinner, put the kids to bed etc. for several hours. I still tear up when I think about their generosity. They are all wonderfull people who helped me out of an impossible situation. I still finished the day bone tired, stinky, and make-up free. But I had a smile on my face because they really did make the impossible happen. I am so thankful for good friends in my life! Thank you for helping me out of a situation that really did seem hopeless. I stand ready to serve and help another out of a sticky situation. I also learned that we are all only human and the only way we can become anything more is with the help of others. My prayers were answered in a way that even I could not see. I also learned that I need to be more realistic. It took 6 extra people to do what I had to get done. Hello Lori you are not superwoman. I hope we can all learn from my crazy day and plan ahead, realize our limits and pray when you can't think of anything else to do!

1 comment:

Heather Anna said...

That is amazing. So glad you have wonderful friends helping you. I am crying just reading about it. It's amazing how people just see what needs to be done and they do it. You are not superwoman, but many times I have thought you come close. However, limits are a good thing. Thanks for the reminder.