Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Fourth!

On Saturday Sept. 20th I ran my fourth marathon. I am writing about it because I find it interesting that it really isn't getting any easier. I beat my best time by only a couple of minutes. This is after lots of training and the belief that I was going to blow my Ogden time out of the water. Running still is a mystery to me. When I am running in a long race I really do doubt my sanity. I definetely don't do it for anybody else. I think for most people my running is not that interesting anymore. My first marthon was a big deal but the oohs and ahhs are no more. I am now just the crazy person who keeps running marathons. What am I trying to prove? I have asked myself that question and decided I am going to do it till I get bored with it. I want to do it when I don't have little kids and see if I can improve. I want to stay in shape and I want to have a fitness goal to help keep me in shape. Brandon without fail before each marathon asks the question, "Are we really going to run for 4 + hours tommorrow?" He is never really that excited about the day of. I am very impressed that he just finished his eighth. He wants to run 50 by the time he is 50. Not quite as impressive as Dean Karnasas who ran 50 Marathons in 50 days. But impressive enough to me that I have the same goal. On another note, I want to thank all those who have helped me train by taking care of my kids. I couldn't have done it without you. I know you don't all understand my craziness but you still support me and that brings a tear to my eye. And to Katie Lila, I will wait until your fifty and hopefully realize my dream of running a marathon with my sister who hates running but for some reason has taken it up. I know that she is going to learn to love it one step at a time. She is awesome! And, unlike me, she is getting skinnier and skinnier with her running. I am glad it works for one Corrigan girl. Heather my sis is running her first in two weeks. She is going to do great and I will ooh and ahh! Yeah Heath! You are great.

4 comments:

ErinB said...

Lori,

I am incredibly impressed that you have run four marathons. You are amazing in so many regards.

House of Mellor said...

Lori,
Way to go! You two are awesome to have the goal to run 50 by 50. If you ever need help with kids while you train your kids are welcome to come over and play.
Emily

Heather Coon said...

Lori, you may not know who this is, but its Heather (fox) now Coon. SOrry I'm a blog snooper. I got onto yours from Melissa's! SO I didn't know you were up in Logan running the marathon! That's where we live and me and my sister Rebekah ran in the half a month before that. My husband was going to do the full but went to sign up late and it was $125! (I think it was a good reason to flake out for him!) Anyways here is my email and I'll invite you to my blog if you want. heatherbee2002@hotmail.com YOu're awesome for running. Maybe one day I'll get around to doing a full. I would be amazed if I could. But then again I was amazed a finishing a half.

Heather Anna said...

You're awesome Lori Lou! I don't know if I can run 50, but I'm glad I did one and am excited to do one together with you. I wrote about my race on the blog today, so you can read all the details. Probably more details than you wanted. Oh well!

Love you!