Wednesday, August 20, 2008

School is In!

Does anyone else feel like when school starts you start back to school? I almost expect to have those back to school nightmares where you don't remember what class you have next and you don't know if an assignment is due. I am feeling a little crazy this week with three kids now staring school. At least Abby is self motivated and stays on top of her homework etc. I did feel better about my life after I visited my dear friend Beth Walburger's Web-site (Walburger.com). She is an amazing mother of not one but two babies that where born with medical problems that have kept her in and out of hospitals for the past two years! Not only that, she is the mother of 5 total kids. I am so inspired by her ability to see the joy in life and to just take one day at a time.She put this quote in one of her entries. "Heard a fabulous quote from Elder Ballard at church. Speaking to mothers of young children, he said "Enjoy the doing more, and the getting it done less." He reminded us to enjoy the moments. I decided I was going to live by that motto." Thanks Beth, if I could I would lift some of your burden for you.
On a totally different note we are finishing our backyard and that has been a little stressfull this past couple of weeks. Not only is it expensive and with each big delivery dump truck I see rumbling down the road I see my dream of a new mini-van getting further and further away. Brandon is not home every day to see the progress so I have to keep him posted and be the in-between girl. We haven't had many issues but I still feel an ulcer coming on. One of our main problems is where we live. Why is living in Suncrest so difficult. Why must the city as well as the homeowner's association have it out for us? You can't get a straight answer from anyone around here and it makes you feel pretty powerless. So we are going ahead with a project that we are a little uncertain about. On the positive side it is really exciting and beautiful! I will post a picture of the finished product as soon as I figure out how! Somebody wrote that I have to blog often or readers will lose interest. I decided that this is okay because I am really doing this for myself. Maybe I will write something down and actually remember it! Brandon, Caleb, Abby and I ran this really fun run last Friday. It was the Sandy City Moonlight Midnight run. I thought we were a little crazy going into it (Brandon and I ran an 18.5 training run that morning) so as you can imagine driving down the hill to run another 5k at midnite did not seem like fun at the time. It turned out to be really fun. Caleb ran with me and completed it in 34 minutes and Abby ran with Brandon and finished in 38 minutes. Suprisingly, there were actually a lot of kids who ran it.I think we are going to try and make it a tradition every year if we can keep the kids running. Two weeks ago I ran the Provo River 1/2 and actually made it in 1 hr 58 minutes. I feel like I am finally getting just a little bit faster. It was a fun race and I felt so encouraged that I made it in my goal time of 2 hrs. We are running the Park City Marathon this saturday. Brandon thought it would be fun to use the marathon as part of our training for the Top of Utah on September 19th. It seemed like a good idea a month ago. I hope I live to tell you about it. Run Lori Run. Julie Garbutt (I have read your blog), when are you free to teach me a few things about blogging? I guess that is all for now! Megan passses on a eskimo kiss that she is getting rather good at giving. She is a sweet little maniac.

3 comments:

melissa said...

Wow... good luck with the running and the yard! I wish I could motivate myself to run, but when I try I just realize how out of shape I am. Your blog looks cute by the way

House of Mellor said...

Lori
I am so happy your blogging. I saw you on megan's so I hope you dont mind me checking out your blog. http://houseofmellor.blogspot.com
Emily
I am starting to get the running bug, I have done the 5k's for years and they are starting to not feel like enough.

Heather Anna said...

Lori Lou, you rock! Thanks for posting.